Key: (M)onday (T)uesday (W)ednesday Thu(R)sday (F)riday (S)aturday S(U)nday
Also note: order of log is reverse chronological order, newest first.
Note: The above snippet is stolen from my advisor’s 2nd year PhD progress log 🤣
Showed my manuscript to Liangming. Received many insightful comments!
- On the position of this manuscript (it’s still a bit unlcear, but there’s little I can do before ACL deadline).
- The idea is cool and valid.
- On my long-term tasks. Think about involving more challenging reasoning, creating a new task with more challenging examples. Otherwise it’s less space for our “ordinary NLPer” to do in the era of GPT3/ChatGPT.
Think about Liangming’s feedback. Read the EMNLP ‘22 paper, I find it’s an easy idea with straightforward execution.
Try to revise some minor points …
- Paper revision.
- TA meetings.
- Paper revision.
- Try to change the discourse structure of the paper.
- Abs + Intro 1st interation of the revision.
- Family day. Went to my Grandma’s house. Met my uncle antie and my cousin with my parents.
- I think my driving skill has upgraded to a new level. I drove all the way smoothly.
- Group meeting. Chenglei gave a very nice presentation. I learned a lot from it.
- Prepare for meeting w/ Nancy and Wenqiang.
- Meet Nancy. Receive encouraging feedbacks.
- TA meeting for CS4248.
- Read Yoav’s note on LLM: https://gist.github.com/yoavg/59d174608e92e845c8994ac2e234c8a9
- Prepare for the meeting w/ Min.
- Meet Min.
Major takeaway from the meeting:
- Min told me it’s better to be explicit (even though reviewers might disagree), than to be ambiguous and confuse the reviewer.
- I asked Min so how big a dataset shoud be? Min told me the size can be justfied by the usefulness (e.g. improvement on another task).